/etc/profile is where you would usually put such things. Dunno about booting the live cd tho...Originally Posted by activeco
Does anyone know where is "http_proxy" environment variable stored?
Also if I do "export http_proxy=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx" does Knoppix write to the same location?
TIA
/etc/profile is where you would usually put such things. Dunno about booting the live cd tho...Originally Posted by activeco
Thanks mzilikazi.
I have looked at the file before but am a bit confused.
When I type "env" in bash I got a list of all variables, however in /etc/profile I could notice only PATH and some others but not all of them.
Some other non-standard temporary variables such as "http_proxy" must be written somewhere too.
They are not in /etc/profile.

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99
Lot of 10 ARISTA SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR SFP LC Connector Optic Transceiver Module
$60.72