-
FAT32 partition dissapeared??
Hey everybody,
I just installed knoppix on our home machine and am converting the family over from the 'dark side' of XP.
I had the partition table set up like this:
HDA1 -- WinXP -- FAT32
HDA2 -- Personal files/folders -- FAT32
HDB1 -- Red Hat 8.0 -- EXT2
HDC1 -- Knoppix -- EXT3
Now when I'm booted into WinXP I can't see HDA2.. I can access it from knoppix, but it doesn't even show when you're booted into XP. I even tried a Windows Emergency Repair Disk, it couldn't see it either. I'd just copy all the files over to HDA1, but there's not enough free space. Any ideas??? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much,
Rory
-
it sounds like windows has turned on active partition hiding. Check to see if both hda partitions are set as primary partitions. Also see if hda2 is listed as hidden. if so then hda2 has been hidden by windows. You can try to unhide it and reboot. If windows rehides the partition You can change this by changing hda2 to a logical or extended partition (make sure it is not hidden still). Then reboot and windows should be able to recognize it. you may want to back the info up using knoppix first before messing with the hda2 partition.
-
All right, that did it! Thanks very much for your help! I used QTParted and 'unhid' HDA2 and rebooted, that cleared up the problem. Thanks again!
Rory
Similar Threads
-
By alex2004 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-17-2005, 11:20 PM
-
By laughingboy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-13-2005, 02:08 AM
-
By Rivendell in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 08:55 AM
-
By bilzer in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-21-2004, 05:43 AM
-
By margaritaville in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 04:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99