-
USB to USB Networking in Knoppix
To make a very long story short, I'm trying to recover a 17GB XP backup
from a damaged (damaged data structures, not damaged hardware)
USB disk.
Knoppix can read the NTFS partition just fine - XP can't
. I'm
trying to copy the backup on to an XP machine that has enough space;
once I do that I'll be able to restore it and move on.
Using Samba on Knoppix to copy the file over ordinary, full-duplex
100 BaseT seems like it will take several days. This seems to be a
known problem (excessive early collisions) that M$ blames on overly
aggressive network cards.
So, I want to use a USB-to-USB network hub to move the data.
The USB hub is recognized by Knoppix and visible in usbview as well as
in the system messages. However, I can't deduce the device name
from usbview.
ifconfig -a does not show the USB hub.
So, how do I configure the USB hub as a network interface?
I've looked at linux-usb.org and I can't quite grasp the solution. Presumably I need to find another module and load it?
knoppix version 2.4.26
Similar Threads
-
By Case in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 03:11 PM
-
By Fenix*NBK* in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-30-2004, 01:09 PM
-
By YannLeMerle in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-30-2004, 08:44 AM
-
By hernan in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-02-2003, 12:22 AM
-
By silicosick in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-04-2003, 08:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99