I'm fairly new to Linux, but I was wondering if it was possible to port the BASH shell to a TI83+ or other Texas Instrument Graphing Calculators?
Thanks,
Mike
I'm fairly new to Linux, but I was wondering if it was possible to port the BASH shell to a TI83+ or other Texas Instrument Graphing Calculators?
Thanks,
Mike
I guess you could, but the TI-83 only has 256KB ...maybe. you might check out TI sites--I know there's lots of games and such to download and import to those. I don't think it has enough ram to run bash. I've got an older TI85--It's simple enough to program, why would you need a shell?
It was just a thought...it'd be kind of cool to run linear equations, and just practice on the BASH shell for scripting and such...sort of like a bare bones BASH shell for TI (TInix...hehe...) I don't know the archetecture of TI's Hardware/ Software. I know you can write BASIC programs and another language also that is a little more versatile (APPS on TI83+/89/93)...anyways it was just a thought....thanks...
mb
Did some research and there already is a TINIX...written for TI89, it has no relation to UNIX or Linux (no, its not GNU/Linux...) it is a file management application. However, the creator is french so naturally the software is also written in french.....
you mean it is written in "freedom" right?
lol
Well, I think unless its a GNU/Linux distro I dont think Linux should be called GNU/Linux in general...
Revision 3.15.03
Someone just informed me about the french opposition to the war, got it...good one god...
I think the TI83+ has 512KB or 1/2 MB of RAM on board.
All the "+" TI calcs do as well as flash ROM for upgrading the OS.
BTW, the TI89 and TI92 were the first to have both, hense no "+" in their names.
I've been using these calculators to teach AP Calculus since the TI81!
Regards,
Allow me to restate the question...does anyone know how big (space) a custom compiled BASH kernel that was stripped to basic functions would be?
oh well......thanks to all that participated in this forum...

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10g Transceivers ( 5 Pack )
$70.00
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50
Penguin Computing Arctica 4806XP 48-Port 10G SFP+ 6x 40G QSFP+ Switch Dual PSU
$385.00