-
hd install, knoppix 3.6 not remebering my settings...
Hello all.
First post here... =)
Ok, here's the deal...
I hd installed the 3.6 version. Fine, no problems, everything installed and booted correctly. Jolly!
I installed blackbox via apt. No problems. =)
I installed bbkeys and bbconf via apt. No problems. =)
*I was genuinly impressed with Knoppix by now, and also kinda frustrated that I haden't tried earlier,(would had saved me alot of headaches...) but in a good way so to speak. Kudos to the knoppix team! =)
BUT... now comes the trouble.
When I alter the setting via bbconf, and setup the menu's the way I want them to be, this works, but only for maybe 5-15minuts.. because later on then modifications I have made to the menus are gone, and the default menu's are back and my modifications are gone. =/
This behaviour is very strange...
Also, when booting with the 2.4 kernel, and I do the modifications to blackbox, and then reboot to 2.6 kernel, should't my modifications still be there, even I made them in the 2.4 kernel?
Anyone who recoqnices these problems, or have similar problems?
Similar Threads
-
By kq9j in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-06-2005, 06:39 AM
-
By hal8000 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-21-2005, 08:53 AM
-
By Luke Riches in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 10-31-2004, 06:36 AM
-
By Jim_The_Obscure in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 07:10 PM
-
By Coolnat2004 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 20
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99