How do I get Knoppix to see a USB floppy drive? I am running Knoppix from CD. I don't really know how to mount a USB floppy, so that might be the problem.
thanks!
How do I get Knoppix to see a USB floppy drive? I am running Knoppix from CD. I don't really know how to mount a USB floppy, so that might be the problem.
thanks!
1. Boot knoppix
2. After it is up and running, plug the USB drive in
3. ' dmesg | tail ' to see new kernel messages
4. The USB drive should be /dev/sda if you have no other SCSI/emulated devices on the system.
5. ' fdisk -l ' to verify.
Originally Posted by clubfoot
did exactly what you mentioned, but didnt work.
anyway, it cant open /dev/sdaI/O error: dev 08:00, sector 2
scsi1: ERROR on channel 0, id 0, lun 0, CDB: Read (10) 00 00 00 00 04 00 00 04 00
Info fld=0x8, Current sd08:00: sense key Medium Error
Additional sense indicates Medium format corrupted
I/O error: dev 08:00, sector 4
scsi1: ERROR on channel 0, id 0, lun 0, CDB: Read (10) 00 00 00 00 06 00 00 02 00
Info fld=0x8, Current sd08:00: sense key Medium Error
Additional sense indicates Medium format corrupted
I/O error: dev 08:00, sector 6
any idea ?
(is a HP omnibook xt1000)
This is just a guess, but I think you might need to edit your /etc/fstab file.
Now look for an entry that says /dev/sda and /mnt/sda. What you want to do is to change /dev/sda to /dev/sda4, and if there is a # character at the beginning of the line, delete it.Code:su kate /etc/fstab
Now you should be able to access the USB floppy.
That should bring up all the files on the floppy diskCode:mount /mnt/sda cd /mnt/sda ls

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99
Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99
Supermicro E200-8D Xeon D-1528 8GB RAM 256GB SSD 2x10GbE X10SDV-6C-TLN4F w/ PSU
$525.00
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99
Supermicro 1U Server 5019C-WR X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 3.8Ghz 32GB RAM M.2 NVME X
$369.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00