Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Saving to USB

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    Saving to USB

    I have only Windows experience (no other OS). I have a laptop running Win2K and am running Knoppix 3.6 from CD. How do I go about saving files from the comp on to my flash drive? I'm not sure the USB drive is even being recognized...HELP!!!! Thank you!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Plug the USB dongle in and then look for a icon called sda1 (could be sdb1)

    click it and check if its it.

    If so, right click the icon, go to actions, then change read/write mode

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2
    Thank you. I did that now I am getting 2 different error messages. One is "could not write to /mnt/sda1/p1010012.JPG" (it is a picture file). I then go back and make it writable again and then get a disk full error message. The flash drive has no other documents on it. What do I do now!
    (I am trying to save 700MB of pics from a 30 mile hike in the Grand Canyon off a laptop that is in bad shape. I really appreciate the help!)

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Try unmount and then remount. Sounds dumb, like hitting the TV with your fist, but sometimes it works. Rt click the icon, unmount, then left-click the icon. Now try it.

    jd

Similar Threads

  1. Not Saving Over reboot
    By newUser2 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 07:18 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
  3. saving changes
    By cmo131 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2003, 06:44 AM
  4. Saving
    By computerkid14 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2003, 01:12 AM
  5. Saving everything
    By yrokumata in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2003, 03:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



FS SFP1G-ELX-31  Transceiver Module 1G MULTI MODE  picture

FS SFP1G-ELX-31 Transceiver Module 1G MULTI MODE

$40.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



10Gtek ASF-10G-T 10GBase-T SFP+ to RJ45 Copper Transceiver Module picture

10Gtek ASF-10G-T 10GBase-T SFP+ to RJ45 Copper Transceiver Module

$19.98



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Lot of 9 Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 V03 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Transceiver picture

Lot of 9 Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 V03 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Transceiver

$59.99