-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Garibaldi
Alright, I downloaded the Gentoo image, extracted it and renamed it so now I have Gentoo.2, which I added to my xml file. I then used colinux-daemon -c default.colinux.xml, and it gave me this error:
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewt...067236#1067236
What do you think?

root=/dev/home ?
That sounds strange. It is usually root=/dev/cobd? and you need to have the proper entry in /etc/fstab in your rootfs to point to this. I remembered they have add some feature in the 0.61 build such that you can alias /dev/cobd0 to /dev/loop0 which allows you to use the same rootfs for both KNOPPIX style booting as well as colinux booting.
What does your xml file say ? you need to have a line like root=.
As I said, the xml is just the grub/lilo equivalent so it should be very similar to what a typical grub/lilo append line looks. root=/dev/home is definitely odd.
Othe than that, it is pretty normal and should have no problem running once you have that fixed. networking may be your next road block. If you use wired network, you can just bridge the network interface and the TAP device(under XP). If you are using wireless like me, you would need to enable the ICS which tells XP to be a NAT device for colinux.
-
Sorry, that should read root=/dev/cobd like you said, it gave me the same error as I posted only the line with cannot open root device "home" 75:00 has cobd in place of it. I tried changing cobd since that seemed to be the error. Here is my xml file, with Gentoo.2 being my image file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<colinux>
<!-- This line needs to point to your root file system.
For example change "root_fs" to the name of the Debian image.
Inside coLinux it will be /dev/cobd0 -->
<block_device index="0" path="\DosDevices\c:\coLinux\"Gentoo.2"
enabled="true" />
<!-- This line can specify a swap file if you wish, or an additional
image file, it will /dev/cobd1. Additional block_devices can
be specified in the same manner by increasing the index -->
<block_device index="1" path="\DosDevices\c:\coLinux\swap_device"
enabled="true" />
<bootparams>root=/dev/cobd</bootparams>
<image path="vmlinux" />
<!-- this line allows you to specify the amount of memory available
to coLinux -->
<memory size="64" />
<!-- This allows you to modify networking parameters, see the README
or website for more information -->
<network index="0" type="tap" />
</colinux>
Also for my networking, I disabled sharing and firewall on my primary dsl connection and made a bridge between the primary and tap. But the tap is still disconnected. What do I need to do to connect it? I had this problem too trying to run pear pc with networking, I could never get the tap to connect! The bridge is connected fine.
As far as my xml file, what do I need to add?
Garibaldi
-
Senior Member
registered user
<bootparams>root=/dev/cobd</bootparams>
This should read "root=/dev/cobd0", the first device index 0 is cobd0.
As for TAP, it will only show connected when it is accessed, meaning after colinux successfully booted. I have no idea about PearPC as I don't use it.
-
This should read "root=/dev/cobd0", the first device index 0 is cobd0.
I changed that but I still get that same error. What do you think is wrong?
Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Garibaldi
This should read "root=/dev/cobd0", the first device index 0 is cobd0.
I changed that but I still get that same error. What do you think is wrong?
Thanks.
Without seeing the log, I really can't tell.
-
you mean the error given in the prompt? if so its the same one as I linked to earlier only replace the "root" 75:00 error with "cobd0" 75:00. Thats it[/quote]
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Garibaldi
you mean the error given in the prompt? if so its the same one as I linked to earlier only replace the "root" 75:00 error with "cobd0" 75:00. Thats it
[/quote]
No idea then. could be the kernel you use don't have the needed fs for your rootfs. This is actually a very generic linux error which is not specific to colinux anymore.
It just means the kernel for some reason cannot access device (75,0) as a root. Have you asked over colinux list ?
-
Should I try downloading the image again?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Garibaldi
Should I try downloading the image again?
You could, I have no idea about gentoo. I use debian exclusively and usually created by myself with debootstrap.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00