Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Creating and using a Knoppix Boot CD.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1

    Creating and using a Knoppix Boot CD.

    I'm an extreme newb when it comes to linux, and this is where my troubles begin.

    A few days ago a friend of mine asked me t download knoppix for him because I have the superior network connection. So, I download the latest version, burn the data to a disk, and hand him the copy.

    Recently I've gotten really interested in using Knoppix myself, but I have no idea where to begin. I've heard you can make a bootable CD, but I dont know how, and all this partitioning has me a bit worried.

    First, I need to know ow to make the Bootable CD, then I need to know what I need to do to make Knoppix work, If anybody has the patience to deal with a Newb like me, I'd really apreciate it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Knoppix is already bootable. Just burn the .iso file as an image. (Should be something along the lines of Burn image file.

  3. #3

Similar Threads

  1. boot into customized kernel before creating compressed fs?
    By redss in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 08:10 AM
  2. The Guide to Creating a Dual Boot Knoppix 3.4/Win XP System
    By furryfren in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 08:44 AM
  3. Creating initial BOOT CD from ISO Image
    By Action-Man in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 01:30 PM
  4. system hangs on boot when creating /etc/fstab
    By niyogi in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-17-2003, 11:53 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2003, 09:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays picture

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays

$499.99



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00