-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: need snall help with dpackage

Originally Posted by
maestrobwh1
I have a full hard drive install of knoppix 3.3.
I have installed ImageMagick from an RPM file, and dpackage says it was installed okay, but I cannot seem to find ho to either find any installed link. I searched for files, and I did find some folders here and there with the name, but no files to excecute.
Help?
Well you do not need to use .rpms usually as Debian has alot more packages than RPM.
ImageMagick is one of the weirdest apps I've even seen whn it comes to launching it. It's as though they wanted to keep it a secret. Additionally (at least in my experience) it only shows up in the Debian menu. Even the man page does not tell you how to launch it!?!? Anyway...to launch it via command line:
display&
I can't belive you didn't think of that! (it's so intuitive)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00