-
Problems installing debian package
Hi,
I have been able to install a base system succesfully and have an ext2 filesystem working. However, I havent been able to install debian package. I have copied a debain package but when I run a "dpkg -i " command, the system hangs! Any ideas on how to proceed ?
-
Senior Member
registered user
try use kpackage
-
That didnt help but I finally compiled the right debian image I wanted (with my system specific drivers) on a CD, and then installed debian succesfully. Thanks for the help anyway.
-
Senior Member
registered user
When you say it "hangs", in what way. Are there
any messages generated that might help.
deb packages are about as simple as it gets. As long
as "dpkg/apt" is installed correctly, there
shouldn't be a problem.
jm
-
Unfortunately there were no error messages I could use. With just the base system installed on my computer, I guess dpkg and apt-get werent working.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-16-2005, 04:39 PM
-
By jjmac in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 11:55 AM
-
By Ylz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-19-2004, 09:24 AM
-
By ZeroKun in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-18-2004, 05:17 AM
-
By fabiand in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 11:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts
$69.99