Why are they saying it should be "knopppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy"?
Simply: "knoppix myconfig=/dev/fd0" works fine with 3.2.
KDE is all in English for me. I'll try the Open Office next time I'm in Knoppix.
Why are they saying it should be "knopppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy"?
Simply: "knoppix myconfig=/dev/fd0" works fine with 3.2.
Not entirely sure. I'll have to give that a shot next time. Does /mnt/auto/floppy work for you?
I've not gotten any of the stated methods to work... Downloaded MDK 9.1 and put it on the laptop last night...
myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy fails as does myconfig=scan
but as I said
myconfig=/dev/fd0 works ok with that CeBIT Knoppix.
"Knoppix floppyconfig" works in 3.2 just like 3.1. All my config files are on floppy now.
Someone, in a Finnish forum, concluded that in this respect, there are differences between 3.2-cebit, 3.2-en and 3.2-de.

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99