-
Kopete Debian package upgraded from source problems
Debian.com doesn't have it up, has anyone made one? I can't get passed the xls thingy when I try to compile it, even after I installed packages that I thought were related.
*edit* If you have a problem with IRC after upgrading Kopete from a debian package to the source for KDE 3.2, look below.
-
Senior Member
registered user
apt-get install kopete
or
apt-get -t testing install kopete
-
Can't too many broken dependencies, last time I fixed them it seriously screwed up my install. Btw, the testing version on debian.org is still 0.8.2.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Mine is v0.9. Maybe it comes with kde3.3.
Anyway I try compile it just now, and it works.
You could try compile it yourself; the procedure:
1) download kopete source :http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/k...r.bz2?download
2) uncompress the source file to directory of your choice, use ark...easier
3) Open root konsole and change to that directory
4) run ./configure --prefix=/usr
5) run make **this might not work if you have dependencies problem
6) run make install .....and you're done.
-
Thats what I did, and I got errors when I was making it, something to do with xls for the style sheets. I installed them after seeing I didnt have any packages, and it went a bit further, then more errors. And yes, .9 comes with kde 3.3, and a source for 3.2 was made, but no deb.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm afraid I can't help you because I can't see the error produced while you compile.
Maybe you could use gaim as an alternative. That's what I used.
-
I know, I was going to post it, but now it worked, I guess it was either my restarted my pc or redoing the whole source from scratch. Anyway now it crashes, I debugged it and I think its irc causing it, do you know where the settings are stored? Id like to reset my settings and accounts.
Code:
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread 1104072800 (LWP 21241)]
[New Thread 1126443952 (LWP 21243)]
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread 1104072800 (LWP 21241)]
[New Thread 1126443952 (LWP 21243)]
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread 1104072800 (LWP 21241)]
[New Thread 1126443952 (LWP 21243)]
[New Thread 1118055344 (LWP 21242)]
0x41aa4431 in __waitpid_nocancel () from /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0
#0 0x41aa4431 in __waitpid_nocancel () from /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0
#1 0x40feffb0 in KCrash::defaultCrashHandler () from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4
#2 <signal handler called>
#3 0x41014e7d in KStringHandler::isUtf8 () from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4
#4 0x400d0883 in KopeteMessage::decodeString () from /usr/lib/libkopete.so.1
#5 0x421464b9 in KIRCMessage::matchForIRCRegExp ()
from /usr/lib/kde3/kopete_irc.so
#6 0x42146147 in KIRCMessage::matchForIRCRegExp ()
from /usr/lib/kde3/kopete_irc.so
#7 0x42144e96 in KIRCMessage::parse () from /usr/lib/kde3/kopete_irc.so
#8 0x42132f26 in KIRC::slotReadyRead () from /usr/lib/kde3/kopete_irc.so
#9 0x42137528 in KIRC::qt_invoke () from /usr/lib/kde3/kopete_irc.so
#10 0x413d3e9c in QObject::activate_signal () from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#11 0x413d3cc4 in QObject::activate_signal () from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#12 0x410493fb in KAsyncIO::readyRead () from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4
#13 0x4016314d in KExtendedSocket::socketActivityRead ()
from /usr/lib/libkopete.so.1
#14 0x401655c8 in KExtendedSocket::qt_invoke () from /usr/lib/libkopete.so.1
#15 0x413d3e9c in QObject::activate_signal () from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#16 0x413d3ffd in QObject::activate_signal () from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#17 0x416fc702 in QSocketNotifier::activated () from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#18 0x413f0200 in QSocketNotifier::event () from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#19 0x41377aff in QApplication::internalNotify () from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#20 0x413770fe in QApplication::notify () from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#21 0x40f6af39 in KApplication::notify () from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4
#22 0x4136768a in QEventLoop::activateSocketNotifiers ()
from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#23 0x413223cf in QEventLoop::processEvents () from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#24 0x4138b498 in QEventLoop::enterLoop () from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#25 0x4138b348 in QEventLoop::exec () from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#26 0x41377d51 in QApplication::exec () from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#27 0x08069b1d in main ()
*Edit* Found the correct settings file, not the one in the .kde/share/apps, but the one in the config folder, I still dont know if IRC will work, but I will rename this post to point out this problem
Similar Threads
-
By quark in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-14-2004, 07:21 PM
-
By awreneau in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-30-2004, 06:30 PM
-
By Durand Hicks in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 10:45 PM
-
By gizmu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-04-2003, 08:48 PM
-
By audioaficionado in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-26-2003, 08:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules
$599.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$8999.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99