-
Junior Member
registered user
Boot from floppy and ISO image
I have downloaded the boot image file boot.img and made a bootable floppy, I also downloaded the KNOPPIX.iso and store at D: which is /dev/hda5.
Then I boot up the notebook from the floppy, and type
"knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hda5/KNOPPIX.iso lang=us"
The floppy linux boot up and dislpay:
"Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit."
What should I do to make it bootable from floppy and ISO-image?
========
Another question, I have installed GRUB. How can I make the floppy image boot.img bootable from GRUB?
========
I know I have so many questions, hope you do mind to help me.
Thanks in advance.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Unless you changed the filename, it won't find what you typed, because the ISO's filename is actually much longer.
Try "knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hda5/K*.iso lang=us" The asterisk serves as a wildcard for the rest of the letters and numbers in the filename.
Similar Threads
-
By qeldroma in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-08-2004, 01:34 PM
-
By qeldroma in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 10:52 PM
-
By vitoprimo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 10:04 PM
-
By potissimus in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 12:10 AM
-
By jnowlin in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2003, 09:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99