-
how can i remaster to use fvwm(or vtwm) instead of kde?
I'm trying to make a remaster of Knoppix to use for practicing for a programming contest. I want to have it as close to the actual computers that will be used in the contest and I would just install SuSE or something but the computers that I would be using this on can't be messed with.
Anyway, in they contest they use either fvwm or vtwm, I have never used either one other then when I did this contest last year so I don't really know which one they used, I just remember it having almost nothing on the screen and everything was gotten to though right clicking on the desktop. Any idea on which that might be would be helpful.
Well I'm sort of new with Linux so this is all new to me. I read a little about remastering and messed around with that new script. I figured out how to remove packages but I can't access the internet from Knoppix so I'm kind of lost on how to install stuff. I need to install xe, jove, and pico so if anyone could at least point me in the right direction on how to find/install the correct versions of those that would be nice.
Then of course the big question... how can I install/setup Knoppix to use fvwm/vtwm instead of using KDE and also what packages can I remove since I wont be using KDE?
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-11-2005, 06:46 PM
-
By TheBinaryPenguin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 04:38 AM
-
By New Guy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 11:01 PM
-
By Thorkyl in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-16-2003, 03:43 PM
-
By in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-20-2003, 05:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99