my guess is, that ide-scsi is blocking the activation of DMA,
so I removed the kernel parameter hdc=scsi, but ide-scsi is
still used for hdc
I am using knoppix 3.4, kernelversion 2.4.26
I want to activate DMA for my DVD-Writer.
The drive is secondary master. but
hdparm /dev/hdc
/dev/hdc:
HDIO_GET_MULTCOUNT failed: Invalid argument
IO_support = 1 (32-bit)
unmaskirq = 1 (on)
using_dma = 0 (off)
keepsettings = 0 (off)
readonly = 0 (off)
BLKRAGET failed: Invalid argument
HDIO_GETGEO failed: Invalid argument
hdparm -d1 /dev/hdc
/dev/hdc:
setting using_dma to 1 (on)
HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Operation not permitted
using_dma = 0 (off)
I have read a few messages about this topic:
I have dma support in the kernel (because dma is active for hda)
the drive is not currently mounted
I am using ide-scsi (in lilo.conf i got a line append="hdc=scsi" )
suggestions are welcome
my guess is, that ide-scsi is blocking the activation of DMA,
so I removed the kernel parameter hdc=scsi, but ide-scsi is
still used for hdc
I am using knoppix 3.4, kernelversion 2.4.26

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell R740XD All Flash 2U Server Full 24 x U.2 NVME 2x Xeon 6240R 48 CORE HOMELAB
$849.95
HP ProLiant DL360 Gen 11 - Xeon Gold 5th Gen - 192 GB DDR5 ECC - 2x 240 GB SSD
$17000.00
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$60.00
Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205
$317.56