Try to run the OpenOffice.org Setup program.
rock
Thanks to the excellent script Easy hard disk installation, I installed knoppix on my hdd very easily, but when I try to launch OpenOffice.org writer, the splash screen appears and then disappears after a few seconds.
Note that it works fine when called from the Knoppix-on-cd
Try to run the OpenOffice.org Setup program.
rock
I have tried openoffice set up, which gives me two options : either to remove openoffice or to repair it.
I choose "Repair". I that case, the Setup program starts, but very quickly send the error message "error when trying to copy mytexts.bau to /home/knoppix/.openoffice/1.0.1/user/autotext." (text of message freely translated from french).
Back to the starting block...
I happen to have three openoffice packages on a RedHat 8 cd (rpm format).
Can I install those ? (I am new to Linux and do not know the compatibility between Debian an rpm packages).
If yes is there any installation sequence to respect?
Their names are :
openoffice-1.0.1-8.i386.rpm
openoffice-i18n-1.0.1-8.i386.rpm
openoffice-libs-1.0.1-8.i386.rpm
Uninstall it and download version 1.0.2 from www.openoffice.org. Installation is quick and easy.

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50
Penguin Computing Arctica 4806XP 48-Port 10G SFP+ 6x 40G QSFP+ Switch Dual PSU
$385.00