-
Problems with hard drive access permissions
I am trying to install GRUB to my MBR using a shell in Knoppix in order to get my SUSE install to work. I ran the command:
grub-install /dev/hda
but the following error message came up:
mkdir: cannot create directory '/boot/grub' : read only filesystem.
Please help, someone on another forum told my I had to change the access permitions for the drive and I do not know how to do this. BTW: I am a quite a noob, I have only got linux working once before on a single partition, I have never got it to dual boot with window$ xp before.
Similar Threads
-
By freddagg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-27-2005, 06:40 PM
-
By ktas in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 09-08-2005, 12:01 AM
-
By rafaelorta in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-06-2005, 06:33 PM
-
By sonicspeedway in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-11-2004, 01:55 AM
-
By Colonel Sanders in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-21-2003, 04:47 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$239.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Super Micro 113M-3 Server Intel Pre Owned Tested And Working
$250.00