So if I type
logger -p kern.info Hello
at the consol nothing happens on knoppix, but
on my normal red hat machine this makes a message
appear in /var/log/messages
hmm
Hi there,
I've installed Knoppix on the hard drive and am doing
some kernel module programming.
But there's nothing in /var/log/messages.
I've started -
/etc/init.d/sysklogd start
/etc/init.d/klogd start
But still nothing from my module's printk messsages.
Erm, what have I missed out?
thanks,
DoW
So if I type
logger -p kern.info Hello
at the consol nothing happens on knoppix, but
on my normal red hat machine this makes a message
appear in /var/log/messages
hmm

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco SFP-10G-LRM 10GBASE-LRM SFP+ Module for MMF and SMF 10-2456-03 Genuine
$25.00
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$33.94
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Lot of 2 For Cisco SFP-10G-X Transceiver, 10Gb SFP+ RJ45 10GBase-T 30m
$73.99