hello
I want to make my own knoppix including apache-tomcat-mysql-opencms for presentation purposes.
the remaster succeeded but now I trapped myself. apache and other services cannot write pid-files on the read-only media
can I simply change that to e.g. "APACHE_PID=/ramdisk/apacherun.pid"?
the mysql-db has similar problems. OpenCMS is set up but I want to show people some functions which require INSERTs to the DB. so that cannot reside on the RO-media either. should I modify the startup-script so the DB-s are copied to the ramdisk before mysqld_start? anyone can give me a hint or link to some doku?
cheers linux!
greets sunta

Apple Macintosh PowerBook 100 Vintage Laptop MPN 100 w/ AC Adapter
$595.00
🔥 Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS �
$309.00
Apple Vintage Joystick for Apple IIe IIc Computer Controller A2M2002
$72.50
Vintage 486 VLB Motherboard Combo AMD Am486 DX4-120 SiS 85C471 AMI BIOS SIMM
$149.00
Vintage PC100 PC133 SDRAM Desktop RAM Memory Bulk Lot x28 Mix 64/128/256MB
$99.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$164.95
Vintage Diamond Viper V770 Ultra AGP 32MB NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Ultra – MCI Eng Coll.
$79.00
Vintage Lenovo ThinkPad R61i (Type 8932) Laptop Intel Centrino Duo Windows Vista
$70.00
Vintage Raidmax ATX-278WU Mid Tower PC Case White Retro Sleeper Front USB NOS
$149.99
Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer Model A2S2064 w/ Power Cord
$120.02