-
Junior Member
registered user
German version of OpenOffice following HDD install 3.2 Beta
I successfully installed Knoppix 3.2 Beta [26Feb3002] to my hard drive, thanks to all those who posted instructions. Then using instructions also posted at the Installation Forum, I was able to switch the keyboard to the U.S. English configuration.
One more minor inconvenience to correct, though. When I start up OpenOffice, all the headings/menus are in Deutsche. Is this just a temporary shortcoming of the Beta version of Knoppix, or is there some way I can have English headings/menus now?
Separately, does anyone know why following a Knoppix installation to the hard drive, the icon for the hard drive does not display on the desktop? Ironic, isn't it?
Regards,
Howard
-
I noticed this as well, however just uninstalled it using KDE Package manager and downloaded the current version of Open Office and installed it. A monor inconvenience but sorted out now.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 07:09 PM
-
By Zero_1984 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 09:34 PM
-
By donl in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 01:46 PM
-
By mack in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-13-2003, 01:18 AM
-
By sireasoning in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-24-2003, 07:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$729.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00