-
Are you the same one who said that you were already doing something like this?
Dunno which thread you are referring to...but I do currently have a debian based rescue cd that is distributed through my company...
If you are imaging data thats infected with viruses using ghost and you restore the image, your not getting rid of the problem.
The rescue cd backs up data via zip or just plain copy...there is no imaging...the servers we connect to on our network are all antivirus managed so whatever files we copy up to or zip up to the server is cleaned or blocked
The company standardizes on Ghost so no imaging on the rescue cd although I have played with partimage before and even recommended it to the company...
This sounds like a cool project. Instead of just limiting it to your company have you considered shaing it with all of us?
I am...as soon as I have a working aioscript I will post it here for everyone to use and work and fix and clean up and add to...etc etc etc 
As far as security and password resetting you sounded worried about I am sure most here have seen
The Offline NT Password and Registry Editor
shhhhh!!!!! don't tell anyone!!!
actually like I said before...the tech in my company are mostly Windows savy and have no clue on Linux...in the documentation that I have for the cd I give credit to the actual developers and reference their links...
Thing is there is no one in my company that can take all of the tools and put them together in a working fashion as I have done...
If you or someone could add backup/cloaning/imaging support it would truly make a strong rescue disk.
I'm assuming when you speak of imaging you speak of ghost or partimage or something like that...if so...I haven't figured out how to run Ghost within the linux session...if anyone here has figured it out using dosemu please let me know 
Partimage does work but its not part of my tools since my company doesn't standardize on that.
Similar Threads
-
By bizarro in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-22-2005, 06:06 AM
-
By bizarro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 9
Last Post: 11-13-2004, 02:11 AM
-
By spiwokv in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 08:36 AM
-
By HK in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 05:34 PM
-
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 08:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro Server CSE-512L-200B 1U Chassis with X9SCL-F Core i3-2100 8GB 220W
$200.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Super Micro 113M-3 Server Intel Pre Owned Tested And Working
$250.00

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99