Quote Originally Posted by shah
Your menu.lst should look like this:

title deb-2.4.27
root (hd0,9) **(check on this, is it really on 10th partition of first hd.)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.27 root=/dev/hda10 ro ramdisk_size=100000 lang=us apm=power-off nomce quiet lang=us
initrd (hd0,9)/boot/initrd.img-2.4.27 **(check on this, maybe you don't need this. Check in /boot, sometimes it's empty)
savedefault
boot

Other ways to do this is, let grub update itself.
1) Delete or rename menu.lst to something else: ex: menu.backup
2) Open root konsole and run : update-grub
Reboot, and see if it can boot properly.
You can edit the menu.lst created by grub later on.

Thanks for the reply.
I tried the first way but I got the same error message.
For the second way I didn't find a grub-update on the cd so ...
But anyhow the easier way is to quit HDD installation after you have defined your preferences and edit /root/.knofig and change the bootloader from lilo to grub.