-
Junior Member
registered user
Turn off Auto Network Configuration
Hey,
Been using knoppix 3.6, love it. As I loved versions 2-through to the present version...
However, one thing that has bothered me since installing 3.6 is no matter how I tweak out my network settings, knoppix destroy's them al upon reboot.
So, I have two dns servers in my home, I WANT to use them, NOT the ISP supplied dns provided by my router using dhcp, I have turned dhcp off via the knoppix menu=>network=>network crad configuration
It asks if I want to use dhcp, I emphatically click NO each time and enter the network settings i DO want to use, all is well until reboot, then I have to go and do the procedure again...when I check /etc/resolv.conf after a reboot my ISP's DNS suffix has been added along with both of their dns servers, which quite frankly, cannot match the speed I get from having two in my own home...Even my secondary resolves faster than their primary.
So, with your help, next time I reboot I will not check resolv.donf only find my isp's information there...
Cheers,
J
Similar Threads
-
By jimbo62 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 04:20 AM
-
By jdoe in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 10:34 PM
-
By terminator in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 10:51 AM
-
By lkornowski2 in forum Networking
Replies: 12
Last Post: 05-01-2004, 11:50 PM
-
By winterw in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-08-2003, 06:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$344.74

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI 32x100GbE Switch Dual AC Airflow In, Rail Kit Included
$8150.00

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.
$95.62