-
Knoppix hangs at startup with SCSI detection(aic7xxx module)
hi,
when I try to boot KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-03-21b-EN from CD in ide-cd drive the system hangs on the SCSI card detection. Boot with "noscsi" works fine. the scsicard is a adaptec 2940 u2w with a plextor 12/10/32s cdwriter attached.
is there a solution for this problem?
thx, Sjoerd
-
Senior Member
registered user
I can personally attest that Knoppix does in fact work with Adaptec scsi controllers. I have the same model. Have you tried booting with the scsi drive disconnected just to see if it will load the module for the scsi controller? Do you know that your cables are OK and connected tightly?
-

Originally Posted by
rickenbacherus
I can personally attest that Knoppix does in fact work with Adaptec scsi controllers. I have the same model. Have you tried booting with the scsi drive disconnected just to see if it will load the module for the scsi controller? Do you know that your cables are OK and connected tightly?
no, thanks i will try that. Although under XP and SuSe I have no problems recognized and burning.
-
Senior Member
registered user
If it works under SuSE then it should work under Knoppix but obviously it doesn't. I just threw out a few guesses really. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.
Similar Threads
-
By Filip Rosco in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-13-2005, 04:43 PM
-
By jdtommy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-22-2004, 10:48 PM
-
By coldlamper in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-06-2003, 03:33 PM
-
By danielgarcia in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-11-2003, 06:28 AM
-
By joe in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-22-2003, 04:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

4x Various Brands 8.5" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape 6250 CPI .5"
$24.99

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$594.99

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00

Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art
$225.00

Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99

Vintage IBM Syst 370 MST Boards Lot Of 5 Heavily Populated IBM 22 Alu Can Chips
$89.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

IBM 01EL505 FICON Express16S 2-Port Base Card 59A2 00LU729 00LR531 z13 Mainframe
$399.99