-
Senior Member
registered user
It sounds like you are quite accomplished and competant & know what you are doing so I will give an abbreviated description.
Extracting the knoppix CD and chrooting into the extracted enviornment is quite simple. You will need this .TAR.GZ http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/remas...r_0.1-6.tar.gz which is a set of remastering scripts from Fabian Franz & Klaus Knopper. I have a 40GB /dev/hda that I use for scratch work & format regularly.
I boot off the Knoppix 3.6 CD using cheatcodes knoppix 2 vga=normal.
I partition hda 40GB as follows:
- hda1 swap 1GB
- hda2 ext3 6GB
- hda3 ext 20GB
Code:
mkswap /dev/hda1
swapon /dev/hda1
mke2fs -vj /dev/hda2
mke2fs -vj /dev/hda3
mount -t ext3 /dev/hda2 /mnt/hda2
mkdir /mnt/hda2/remaster
cd /mnt/hda2
wget http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/remas...r_0.1-6.tar.gz
tar zxvf remaster_0.1-6.tar.gz
mv remaster-0.1 scripts
cd scripts
./knoppix-remaster /mnt/hda2/remaster
Then I follow the menus and create a new remaster and hit <ENTER> for the default path. It will extract the contents of the CD. When it is done it will ask if you want to chroot into the extracted enviornment.
Now you are in the chroot and on your own.
I hope this helps.
James
Similar Threads
-
By degates in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 11:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro CSE-826 2U Server Chassis W/X10DRH-C 2x E5-2620 V3 128GB RAM 2x 1280W
$499.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro Super Server 1029U-TN10RT Dual Xeon Silver 4210 - 10-Bay NVMe Rack
$500.00

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC
$750.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS
$179.85