-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Cuddles
So, the NVidia is fixed now, but, my Menus are messed up... I tried the "update menus" command, but it didnt change anything, I even tried the KMenu program "Menu Updating Tool" from within the v3.4 menus, it found a few "rougue" programs, but not all of them... I guess I am going to have to manually put them back in now...
I also appear to have gotten services running that I never had before, all from this "mistake" of running the Dist-Upgrade... First of all, I have a "lone" computer, no net card, and no "server" responsibilities, but I have gotten HylaFax running now, a "good" side effect from this situation... But, looking at the boot-up, I am now starting "named", "NIS services", "ypbind", "apmd", and this is a serious boo-boo, "nvtvd"...
Ms. Cuddles
Menus: I think you may have to update manually here. 'Debian menus' is (I think) a standard debian menu setup for KDE, would show up as a 'Debian' item on your start menu.
Services: Just went through a similar but not so severe 'upgrade' mess & also got a lot of added services. Posted for help here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13345
Basic answer is, you don't really need any of them, stock Knoppix HDinstall has only cupsys & one other (I forget what) so just use 'sys V-init Editor' & remove whatever you want to.
Similar Threads
-
By Al Hayes in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 11:57 AM
-
By UltraMega in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 03:34 AM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
-
By in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-23-2003, 06:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis w/ Supermicro X10DRi 2x Xeon E5-2620
$325.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
$635.00

HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM
$174.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00