-
Security Upgraded Knoppix
There are a number of critical security holes in any pre-September linux code that handles JPEGs and BMPs. That includes Mozilla, gtk+2.0 , gdk-pixbuf , kdelibs , and libpng.
See http://secunia.com/advisories/12526/ , 12586, 12564, 12311, 12221. These holes have not been exploited as of 28 Sep 2004, but similar holes are being exploited in windoze now, and will certainly be a problem for Linux/Knoppix before Knoppix 3.8 is available.
I pass out hundreds of Knoppix disks per year, and don't want to pass out exploitable versions of Mozilla and others. I would like to remaster a Knoppix "version 3.6A". I can manage the Mozilla 1.7.3 upgrade, but I am not sure I can get all the libraries right, and if any recompiles are needed, I'm not sure I can find all the applications that are affected.
Is there anyone skilled and willing to work with me to remaster a more secure version of 3.6?
Keith Lofstrom (keithl at keithl dot com)
Similar Threads
-
By tofergregg in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 06:08 AM
-
By Max in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 06:56 PM
-
By theoldmanschild in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 22
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 10:32 PM
-
By massai in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-01-2004, 11:43 PM
-
By audioaficionado in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-26-2003, 08:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00