It run as an applet : /usr/share/apps/kicker/applets
You will find it by right clicking on panel-->add-->applet--->Public file server.
If it isn't there, try reinstall it.
apt-get remove kpf
apt-get install kpf
![]()
![]()
![]()
I have kanotix and knoppix installed on seperate hard drives in order to see which one I like best as a hd install but I am having a problem. in knoppix, I easily found the kde app KPF, which is a file server. In kanotix, I cannot find it anywhere. the only difference I can see is that knoppix is running kde 3.2 and kanotix 3.3. I did a file search and found a folder for kpf but it has nothing executable in it to link to or make into a shortcut. Would someone please instruct me on how to find this program in kanotix? I have done a line by line search for it in the menu and cannot find it.
thanx
skip
It run as an applet : /usr/share/apps/kicker/applets
You will find it by right clicking on panel-->add-->applet--->Public file server.
If it isn't there, try reinstall it.
apt-get remove kpf
apt-get install kpf
![]()
![]()
![]()
Is it even installed?
As suggested by shah you can simply install it if not.Code:apt-cache policy kpf
If you can't find an app in the menu you can find the executable (if you know its name) like so:Code:apt-get update &&& apt-get install kpf
Or just look for it like so:Code:which kpf
Code:updatedb locate kpf
Thanks for the help. It was obviously installed because apt-get remove uninstalled it. apt-get install put it back in my applet menu. Also thank you for showing the different commands. I have copied and pasted them into my noobie cheat sheet...not real pretty, but its something to go to till I get this learned.
thanx again
skip

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99
DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00