View Poll Results: Favorite secondary distro?
- Voters
- 18. You may not vote on this poll
-
Other Debian-based
-
SUSE
-
Fedora/Red Hat
-
Mandrake
-
I did try a few others when I was first trying out Linux. I know I tried Mandrake (which seemed ok), Lindows (which seemed too windowsy), and Slackware (which I couldn't figure out at the time) and a few others. To be honest, I originally went with Knoppix just because it was one of the few distros that would work with my old HPNA drivers (which I now realize is just because Klaus still uses gcc2 to compile his kernels unlike most of the other distros). Now that I can compile my own kernel I suppose I could use any of them, but I'm still using debian. I just don't see how the others could possibly be better.
Similar Threads
-
By mingano in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-25-2004, 10:50 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-10-2004, 08:57 PM
-
By Ander in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-22-2004, 12:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00