-
Help Installing Programs
I have a 700 MB persistent home. I now want to try installing other programs than those available with klik like QDVD Author, Mplayer, and other video-editing programs. I tried downloading mplayer, but couldn't figure out how to get it installed. I tried:
1. kpackage, but it gave me an error=2 when I tried mplayer and several other packages
2. apt-get with:
apt-get update
apt-get install mplayer
The update part seemed to work but the text it displays after hitting enter is in Chinese for some reason, even though my regional settings say english. The install part clearly didn't work, but since its in Chinese I can't read the error message
3. dpkg -i install mplayer - also gave me an error in Chinese
4. I tried extracting the files and cd ing to the directory, I tried configure.sh, install, makefile, ect with no sucess.
Please, any suggestions of how I can get apps installed in Knoppix would be much appreciated!
Similar Threads
-
By newbie#7 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-29-2005, 06:22 AM
-
By Prons in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 09:38 PM
-
By cyKeMatica in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:08 PM
-
By computerkid14 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-04-2003, 10:39 AM
-
By digitaldeity in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 08:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95