So...
I started up Knoppix 3.4 from the CD and used the cheatcode 'knoppix toram'. Once it booted, I mounted the filesystem as captive-ntfs (thus making it writeable) and made a change to data; however, when I restarted, that data no longer appeared. This made no sense to me as the mount I was writing to was for a filesystem on a physical drive; that state should be maintained even after a restart. Has anyone else encountered this before?
Any help would be hugely appreciated. I'm running XP Pro and need to put a dll in the system32 directory, if that makes a difference.
Thanks,
Bryan

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95
$675.00
Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00
MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer
$2550.00
S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Cray-1 UNIVAC 1103 Apple 1 CDC 6600 IBM SAGE
$65.00
S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00