-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Knoppix vs Debian

Originally Posted by
Damon
I've done a HDD installation of Knoppix for a few days already, and apart from a few minor issues (lock screen doesn't ask for password, occasional system pauses for a few seconds), it has been working great. A big THANKS.
I plan to use this installation as my primary OS. However, going thru the forum, some suggested that Knoppix was not really designed for HDD installation, and there are issues related to HDD install such as hard-coded home directory for new user creation, etc.
I think there must be people using HDD installed Knoppix as their primary OS for some time. Can someone share their experience on this? I tried Debian R2.2 some time ago and the installation process was daunting. Knoppix has been a lot more pleasing.
Cheers!
We use Knoppix as debian system in school, I use it at home, some friends of mine use it ...
No one ever had problems (except with wrong kde-sources, but there is kde to blame and that could have ben happend with real debian too)
Oh, the bug with the lock should be fixed ...
At least it was on our installation of the january release (2003-01-23 I believe)
I had this idea in the first place, but it is only useful in cd-rom mode, because there user knoppix has no password ...
cu
Fabian
Similar Threads
-
By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 18
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
-
By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By grupsapa in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 09:19 PM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
-
By towy71 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-16-2003, 10:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00