-
Junior Member
registered user
A k3b (actually readcd) problem
Hello,
I have noticed that in Knoppix 3.6 k3b uses readcd to generate disc images while in 3.4 it used cdrdao which worked well. But readcd appears not to work on my computer, even called outside K3b
(I guess the change in k3b is not from Knoppix but from KDE - is it so?).
Worse than that, after trying to read some CD, the CD-ROM (0,1,0) turns for long time and the system becomes very slow. If I stop the program (actually by ejecting the CD) nothing else works and there are Bus (or memory?) error messages, actually, I can't shutdown the system properly and need to run fsck.
ATAPI:0,0,0 : LG , CD-ROM CRD-8322B, 1.02
ATAPI:0,1,0 : HL-DT-ST, CD-RW GCE-8400B , 1.02
Running Knoppix from CD from the first drive. I never had similar problems with cdrdao.
Any ideas?
Bye,
Gencho
-
Junior Member
registered user
Well, I have found out that cdrdao isn't always good at writing, sometimes cdrecord works where cdrdao doesn't. But that is offtopic here.
With readcd I have noticed this difference:
knoppix$ readcd -scanbus
scsibus0:
0,0,0 0) ' LG ' 'CD-ROM CRD-8322B' '1.02' Removable CD-ROM
0,1,0 1) *
0,2,0 2) *
0,3,0 3) *
...
while
knoppix$ cdrecord -scanbus
[...]
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.25
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
scsibus0:
0,0,0 0) ' LG ' 'CD-ROM CRD-8322B' '1.02' Removable CD-ROM
0,1,0 1) 'HL-DT-ST' 'CD-RW GCE-8400B ' '1.02' Removable CD-ROM
0,2,0 2) *
0,3,0 3) *
...
I haven't tryed yet if I have the same problems with dhe first drive (which appears in the first list, unlike the second drive).
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
-
By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

ProLabs SFP-10G-SR-C 10GBASE SR SFP+ MMF 850NM MMF RoHS Class 1 Laser
$15.00

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00