[quote="garyng"]
Quote Originally Posted by conrad10781

A 2.5" IDE USB 2.0 DISK enclosure. less bulky than the above and similar to your idea. This means I need to borrow machines. The advantage(comparing with yours) is that I have all my stuff with me(20G is quite some space, much larger than a CD, even DVD) and don't need a network.


This was thrown around the most when we were suggesting USB Flash Keys, and the original idea of the whole distro.. again only prob we had was we would have to have so many variations of the distro, because we would have to have one for USB Hard Drive Enclosure, one for cd, some with boot disks etc.

The only reason I bring this one up, is because we are going to probably still be pushing this as a 2nd option. Either the CD carry version or 2.5" portable. But let me ask you. Who would want to pay as much as you would have to (at least $100) to get the hardware, when it seems the biggest complaint is the cost of everything?

I know you weren't bashing either, sorry for any inconvenience.