Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Is the D-Link DFE-530TX+ NIC Card Supported?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Panik
    Guest

    Is the D-Link DFE-530TX+ NIC Card Supported?

    Is the D-Link DFE-530TX+ NIC Card Supported?

    Knoppix is not recognizing my NIC card and I can't get on the net. This is bumming me out.

    I am a newbie to Linux, but this is realy cool. Can someone please help with the NIC question?

    Rgds,
    Panik :P

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    41
    yes


    I am using it now

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199
    <snip>

    Is the D-Link DFE-530TX+ NIC Card Supported? Knoppix is not recognizing my NIC card...

    </snip>

    Yes (I have this card). You may want to check your BIOS settings for conflicts. Alternately, if you have Windows, check the Device Manager for conflicts, as well (that's the purpose of "IRQ steering"). I am not yet familiar with with resolving such conflicts under Linux. Overlapping IRQ assignments can sometimes be resolved by Windows but not by Linux (or vice versa).

    What text-messages do you see at Knoppix startup? I DO see my 530 NIC there...

    I can now access my Ameritech DSL by PPPoE under Knoppix, which I like!

  4. #4
    Panik
    Guest

    Thanks for the help

    I went into the bios and made a couple of changes. I also disables pcmcia in Knoppix. Now I am online.

    WEEEEEE!!!!!!

    Thanks again!!!!!
    Panik

Similar Threads

  1. via on-board network card not supported?
    By tjudycki in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 12:38 AM
  2. "No supported Network Card Found"
    By rayesteq in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2004, 04:47 PM
  3. Knoppix with D-Link wireless card
    By nolisaurus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 07:51 AM
  4. Card not supported??
    By qman_txun in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-14-2003, 12:56 AM
  5. How can I use my D-link 530TX in knoppix on CD?
    By cao2oem in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2003, 04:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis w/ Supermicro X10DRi 2x Xeon E5-2620 picture

Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis w/ Supermicro X10DRi 2x Xeon E5-2620

$325.00



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD picture

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD

$635.00



HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM picture

HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM

$174.99



Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE picture

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE

$445.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00