-
Junior Member
registered user
how to post configure the Xserver, (XF86Setup or the alike)
Hello
After having installed Knoppix 3.3 on my Laptop, I tried to connect
a cordless Logitech mouse, via the USB port. However it is not
detected my the Xserver. When I boot from the CD again, it is detected,
but of course I don't want to redo the installation. I could try to
edit the X86Config file, but I remember from my earlie SuSe days, that
there was a GUI (XF86Setup or something like this) which allow
me a configuration without editing the XF86Config file.
is there anything like this in Knoppix?
I looked for it but did not succeed.
thanks
Uwe Brauer
-
Senior Member
registered user
There is a possibility in the KDE system-settings, but without using kde, I don't remember where to hangle through the menues.
Normally very close to the top, devices, ...
However, look at the /var/log/XF....0.log.
One of the first lines shows which config-file is used.
Most popular: /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
make a backup of that file, and edit it.
It's the best way to do it.
Similar Threads
-
By cli168 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-04-2005, 05:49 PM
-
By mentaL704 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By Juggerboo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 02:30 PM
-
By debi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 08:37 PM
-
By ksskruthic in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 06-14-2003, 08:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board
$345.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$40.00

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00