-
Junior Member
registered user
how to post configure the Xserver, (XF86Setup or the alike)
Hello
After having installed Knoppix 3.3 on my Laptop, I tried to connect
a cordless Logitech mouse, via the USB port. However it is not
detected my the Xserver. When I boot from the CD again, it is detected,
but of course I don't want to redo the installation. I could try to
edit the X86Config file, but I remember from my earlie SuSe days, that
there was a GUI (XF86Setup or something like this) which allow
me a configuration without editing the XF86Config file.
is there anything like this in Knoppix?
I looked for it but did not succeed.
thanks
Uwe Brauer
-
Senior Member
registered user
There is a possibility in the KDE system-settings, but without using kde, I don't remember where to hangle through the menues.
Normally very close to the top, devices, ...
However, look at the /var/log/XF....0.log.
One of the first lines shows which config-file is used.
Most popular: /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
make a backup of that file, and edit it.
It's the best way to do it.
Similar Threads
-
By cli168 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-04-2005, 05:49 PM
-
By mentaL704 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By Juggerboo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 02:30 PM
-
By debi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 08:37 PM
-
By ksskruthic in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 06-14-2003, 08:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

ATARI 400 NEW CAPS NEW 48K RAM KIT B-KEY KEYBOARD COLLECTOR QUALITY
$359.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95