-
floppy config & PC card wireless
I have knoppix 3.2 on my laptop and using wlcardconfig got my wireless working great. I then used the utility to save my config to a floppy so I don't have to do that manually every boot.
Everything works fine but when I boot and load the config fromt the floppy the system comes up but Knoppix doesn't see my PC wireless card.
Looking at the screen while booting it loads up fine as before but after the PC card stuff boots the floppy config load starts and pc card services is getting restarted and an error occurs.
Has anybody done this successfully? I'd hate to have to manually configure each boot and lose my email, etc.
Thanks,
-
floppy config & wireless
Just an update:
I opened the config file Knoppix created on the floppy and there are commands to shutudown card services and then restart them. For some reason the restart fails to find the wireless card and that's the reason for the problem.
I wonder if I can remove the card services shutdown and try that?
Similar Threads
-
By chiph in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 11:47 PM
-
By extradudeguy in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-14-2003, 11:33 PM
-
By skefrank in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-04-2003, 04:56 PM
-
By wizzofoz in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-22-2003, 11:29 AM
-
By SerenityNet in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-25-2003, 11:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 3TB HDD
$589.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00