-
Senior Member
registered user
Did an upgrade and changed to GDM now user can't login.
After doing a synaptic upgrade of kde I could not login. I got to the tty1 prompt so I just did Apt-get install gdm and that got me into the desktop. After shutting down and later starting up again, I cannot login as user, only root.
How can I get access to my account back? With gdm preferably or with kdm?
Similar Threads
-
By scramble in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 11:08 PM
-
By swiftnewzealand in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2005, 08:03 PM
-
By JPsDad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 12:23 AM
-
By psoleko in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 10:40 PM
-
By danx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-22-2003, 12:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$165.58