I've successfully tried to remaster from Knoppix 3.4 Live CD (20040517) using the document Knoppix Remastering Howto (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto).
I have read it's possible to remaster from an HD install in the document Remaster from HDInstall How To (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...HDInstallHowTo).
I would like to run remastering process in an iterative fashion that seems a good way to converge to *your* working customization.
I have a question about remastering, maybe posted previously in other thread/s (I just haven't found a specifically matching thread):
- I have done an HD Install from Knoppix 3.6 (20040816EN)
- I have left a 4.4 GB ext3 partition for the remastering process
- I have copied Knoppix 3.6 Live CD back to an iso image (/home/admin/remaster/sourceiso/knoppix.iso)
- I would like to use that knoppix.iso as the source for remastering, doing remaster according to Knoppix Remastering Howto, with the difference I would run it from HD Install
- Is this exact or I will experience problems with this "remastering configuration"?
P.S.:
- I run HD Install using Kernel 2.6.7
- The disk is partitioned in following way:
Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/hda1 * 1 1723 13025848+ 7 HPFS/NTFS (Windows XP)
/dev/hda2 1724 1862 1050840 17 Hidden HPFS/NTFS
/dev/hda3 1863 1962 756000 82 Linux swap (Used by Knoppix HD Install)
/dev/hda4 1963 3876 14469840 5 Extended
/dev/hda5 1963 3286 10009408+ 83 Linux (Knoppix HD Install)
/dev/hda6 3287 3876 4460368+ 83 Linux (For remastering process)

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS
$249.98
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00