Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Printer on Windoze Workgroup Workstation

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    78

    Printer on Windoze Workgroup Workstation

    Hi,

    I'm running Knoppix 3.7 on my notebook and am wirelessly conntected through a wireless router to a small home workgroup. Right now I am having troble printing to a printer attached to a Windoze pc, the other windoze pcs can print to it and I was wondering how I would go about printing to it? I can see the worgroup and the indivudal PC's but have not been able to find the printer using the configuration wizard. Thanks in advace

    -Jameson

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    In Add printer wizard, select SMB shared printer(Windows)


  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    17
    First you have to go to the Windows Machine and enable the guest account, then you can use the printer wizard in Knoppix and scan the network as that user and it will show the printer. Then you can install the printer normally. I had the same problem when I was getting Knoppix setup on my laptop and this worked seemlessly for me.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix and VMWare Workstation 4
    By Arkasha in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 02:29 PM
  2. Machine name and workgroup
    By tp671 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2005, 11:27 PM
  3. Networking to a WIndows Workgroup?
    By diogenes in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 02:44 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2003, 10:44 PM
  5. CoExisting with WINDOZE
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2002, 05:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video picture

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video

$225.00



Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands picture

Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands

$249.95



Vintage MacLuggage I/O Design Carrying Case Apple Macintosh Plus SE Classic Bag picture

Vintage MacLuggage I/O Design Carrying Case Apple Macintosh Plus SE Classic Bag

$89.95



6 Vintage 1999 Apple iMac  Mouse G3 Promotional Sales Brochure Booklets 3x5 4x6 picture

6 Vintage 1999 Apple iMac Mouse G3 Promotional Sales Brochure Booklets 3x5 4x6

$35.00



Retro Rare Vintage TransWarp GS Accelerator Card Apple IIGS Applied Engineering picture

Retro Rare Vintage TransWarp GS Accelerator Card Apple IIGS Applied Engineering

$499.00



Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube M7886 2000 450MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HD picture

Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube M7886 2000 450MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HD

$299.99



Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 130 PDA - Working, Clean + Batteries & Extras picture

Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 130 PDA - Working, Clean + Batteries & Extras

$149.99



Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different picture

Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different

$99.99



VINTAGE Apple IIc A2S4000 for parts as it is no power adapter or charger picture

VINTAGE Apple IIc A2S4000 for parts as it is no power adapter or charger

$149.99