Does X actually refuse to start? I have seen this error also but it just reports an error two or three thimes during the start sequence & continues on.
Is this on your HD install or on your remaster?
I have a knoppix hdinstall and I want to make knoppix live cd out of that. I tried the knoppix hdinstall re-master tutorial, but my xwindows doesn’t start up. It says /etc/init.d/Knoppix-autoconfig….. Read only. What seems to be the issue?
"/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig: line 481: /etc/sysconfig/progress: Read-only file system"
Thanks in advanced
Does X actually refuse to start? I have seen this error also but it just reports an error two or three thimes during the start sequence & continues on.
Is this on your HD install or on your remaster?

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99
DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00