Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix vs PCMCIA

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5

    Knoppix vs PCMCIA

    *I have a Toshiba Portege 2000 running (Well, was running anyway) WinXP pro. (Files are still there...)

    ***Problem:
    ***CD-R is PCMCIA

    ***When starting Knoppix I keep getting this error message:
    ***"Cant find Knoppix system file, sorry
    ***Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
    ***Press reset to quit."

    ***Build in command are :
    ***cat
    ***insmod
    ***mount
    ***rmmod
    ***umount
    ***lsmod

    ***I have tryed the cheat boot code :
    ***"Knoppix ide2=0x180 nopcmia"

    ***But it did not change anything ....

    I can't boot using USB and I don't have a floppy drive ...

    ***Any help !? I am getting very disparate to get my files back. I have also tryed the "Ultimate boot cd" but to no avail ...

    ***Anyone !?

    ***Thanx

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5
    ... Also ...

    The Knoppix CD works great in my girlfriend laptop using a build in CD-r ...

    And finally, I, of course, am a windows user so be nice and simple ! (I also have a Mac runing OSX so I get the command structure but you know...)


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5

    So far....

    I've read a lot of stuff but nothing's working so far ...

    "knoppix ide2=0x180 nopcmcia" does nothing ...

    I am also working with Knoppix 3.2 like specified in some treads to be the only one working with Toshiba laptop ....

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5
    C:\FORMAT


    Bye !

    ;(

Similar Threads

  1. Booting from pcmcia cdrom: pcmcia modules floppy image?
    By gjhicks in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 05:44 AM
  2. Newbie: using CF CARD (PCMCIA/USB) with Knoppix 3.4
    By veliizzet in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 02:44 PM
  3. PCMCIA freezes Knoppix 3.3
    By MarcoF in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2004, 07:06 PM
  4. Wireless PCMCIA Cards for Knoppix
    By JockVSJock in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2003, 02:16 AM
  5. Orinoco Wireless PCMCIA / Dell 1150 PCMCIA Support?
    By Guest in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2002, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC picture

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC

$69.99



1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800 picture

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800

$59.99



640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog  picture

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog

$85.00



Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)

$69.95



Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board) picture

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)

$40.00



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00