-
Junior Member
registered user
rc5.d script breaks X-Server
I am trying to run two commands at startup on my remastered CD. I created a script in /etc/init.d named ARIstartup:
Code:
sudo mount /mnt/hda1
sudo cupsd
I then created a link to this called /etc/rc5.d/S99ARIstartup.
When I boot the system it starts Runlevel: 5 and gets to Starting X11.....
then displays the following messages:
Retrying with Server XFree86(vesa) .
Retrying with Server XFree86(fbdev) .
Error: No suitable X-Server found for your card.
The system has run fine before this script was executed. In fact all I did was change the permissions so the script could run, because it was skipping the script without execute permissions.
I am running this script because I need the hda1 to be mounted with rw permissions and I need print services.
Any help either working around this script or fixing it wouold be greatly appreciated.
Update:
This was not caused by the rc5.d script. The script works fine. There was a problem building the isofs. Problem solved.
-
It would be easier to name your script knoppix.sh and adding it to your /KNOPPIX folder on the cd, where it will be automatically executed.
Similar Threads
-
By Indig0 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 03:50 PM
-
By ahfoo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 03:05 PM
-
By Steve F in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 06:41 PM
-
By natrius in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 09:19 PM
-
By shane in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module
$66.31

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50