-
Do I realy have to remaster knoppix ... ?
hi.
I want to customize my knoppix just a little bit:
I want knoppix to load (after the whole startup-prosess ) a (java-)program from floppydisc. Nothing more.
Do I realy have to remaster the CD?
Background:
We want to use knoppix as OS for a standalone Infoscreenterminal. There should be just running our little java-program after starting the Terminal with Linux. By using knoppix We hope we can run the terminal without harddisk. And by having the java-program on floppydisc we can easyly manage the support of the terminal.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Do I realy have to remaster knoppix ... ?

Originally Posted by
protector
hi.
I want to customize my knoppix just a little bit:
I want knoppix to load (after the whole startup-prosess ) a (java-)program from floppydisc. Nothing more.
Do I realy have to remaster the CD?
Background:
We want to use knoppix as OS for a standalone Infoscreenterminal. There should be just running our little java-program after starting the Terminal with Linux. By using knoppix We hope we can run the terminal without harddisk. And by having the java-program on floppydisc we can easyly manage the support of the terminal.
You can just create a simple script named knoppix.sh and save it on the floppy and then use the cheat code myconf=scan and I think that shuold work.I have not tried this personally.
I have tried this on a hard drive partition but not on a floppy.
-
Junior Member
registered user
easy
Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to manage a remastered CD? I have found that the only issue remastering the CD is that when I'm done and have a new burn there is something new to change. For a simple change like this it would make sense to burn it into the CD.
You could eliminate the floppy drive and won't run the risk of having to reboot the system with a custom cheatcode.
Just a thought. Probably not much help.
Similar Threads
-
By gpevc1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-14-2005, 07:49 PM
-
By mudwater in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 32
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By MrBug in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 01:13 PM
-
By spc in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 08:55 PM
-
By MR_EPOD in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-03-2003, 03:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$81.39

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00