what filesystem do you have on the drives? NTFS is not 100%supported under Linux. fat32, fat16... is
Hi all,
I am a newbie trying to rescue data from a IDE HDD. I've got the following drives in my PC and am trying to use knoppix to copy files.
1. 30GB IDE HDD
2. 40GB logical drive (half of a 80GB SATA drive)
3. 40GB logical drive (other half of the 80GB SATA drive)
I am able to mount and read all drives without problems. however, I am not able to copy files from one to another - it keeps saying unable to copy.
I mounted the drives through the root console prompt (using su first and then mounting with -w option) in a read and write mode... and yet the problem persists...
HELP!
regards
Vinu
what filesystem do you have on the drives? NTFS is not 100%supported under Linux. fat32, fat16... is
you can burn all your data to a CD with the program "k3B", located under Multimedia in the K-Menu...

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95
IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00
Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$135.65