Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How to disable ipv6 and sit0 ipv6-in-ivp4

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    13

    How to disable ipv6 and sit0 ipv6-in-ivp4

    Hi !

    I'm using a Knoppix v3.4 HD-install. The ipv6-module is loaded although I disabled it in the modules.conf, also a sit0 ipv6-in-ipv4 is started (although only visible with ifconfig -a).

    How do I disable this ? Is there any package that enables this, so I can remove it ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    You should run : update-modules
    after you disable it in modules.conf.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    13
    Hi !

    Thanks for the answer, but it doesn't work.

    Actually, update-modules uncomments the line in the modules.conf file (I'm talking about the "alias net-pf-10" line).

    Running depmod -a manually doesn't help either. Why is there a ipv6-in-ipv4 tunnel created ? I mean, to do this I usually have to run some commands explicitly. But on my install, it's just there.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Another thing, you need to comment out ipv6 in /etc/modprobe.d/aliases
    and in /etc/module-**(kernel-version)

    then run update-modules.
    No need to edit modules.conf because update-modules will take care of it.


Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.3 with Mobile IPv6 (Mobility Support)
    By fabioxa in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 09:17 AM
  2. Disable KDE Transparencies?
    By canadian_psyko in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 05:01 AM
  3. disabling ipv6 in 2.6?
    By bardinjw in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2004, 05:16 PM
  4. Disable Etherboot
    By MaTh2k in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2003, 10:28 AM
  5. More IPv6 support
    By Graffen in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2003, 06:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$799.00



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL picture

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL

$169.00



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00