-
Making sound configuration "stick"
When I did my "knoppix-installer" HD install from 3.6, I did not realize that it was somewhat dependent on whether you had started knoppix with the "alsa" option or not.
So now, whenever I reboot, I have to first do:
#cd /etc/init.d
#./alsa-autoconfig
and then I have to:
modprobe snd-az2302
Is there someway to alter the system to do this automagically? From what research I've done, I'm thinking I need to do "something" with my init scripts for the autoconfig, and "something" with the modprobe.conf file to setup the sound card driver. But I'm not overly clear on the exact "something" I should do in each case, and would like to avoid reinstalling on the machine and blowing away a lot of custom configuration I've done to my xfce desktop.
Thanks in advance!
-
try this:
edit the file "/etc/modules-2.4.27" (or -2.6.7, depends on the kernel you are using)
and add
snd-az2302
to the end of the file.
Then edit the file "/etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh"
and add
/etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig
to the end of the file.
I 'think' that should work. There is probably a better way to do this.
Good luck
-
Senior Member
registered user
'Cheatcodes' on a HD install are contained in the 'append=' line in /etc/lilo.conf, so just edit /etc/lilo.conf, add 'alsa' to the list in the 'append=' line then re-run lilo to implement the change. You will have to be root...
-

Originally Posted by
boja
I 'think' that should work. There is probably a better way to do this.
Good luck
Had to put the alsa bit before the dma bit in the bootmisc.sh file, but otherwise this worked great.
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By gwj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-13-2005, 08:10 PM
-
By gooz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By probono in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 09:58 AM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99