Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 3 bugs/problems...

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    17

    3 bugs/problems...

    I have these problems with Knoppix:

    1) During boot/hardware detection I read: "Error: only one processor found". I've got a 7vrxp Gygabyte motherboard (only one processor supported !). All Knoppix versions affected...

    2) Random freeze during usage. Probably due to 4.3.x Xserver (so with Knoppix 3.2) because I've got the same problem with Mandrake 9.1. With Mdk I had solved using Xfree without hardware acceleration. How can I do with knoppix ?

    3)I've no boot image, only "F2 for help" and "boot:" on a clear blue screen

    Any suggestions ???

  2. #2

    Re: 3 bugs/problems...

    Quote Originally Posted by gizmu
    I have these problems with Knoppix:

    1) During boot/hardware detection I read: "Error: only one processor found". I've got a 7vrxp Gygabyte motherboard (only one processor supported !). All Knoppix versions affected...

    2) Random freeze during usage. Probably due to 4.3.x Xserver (so with Knoppix 3.2) because I've got the same problem with Mandrake 9.1. With Mdk I had solved using Xfree without hardware acceleration. How can I do with knoppix ?

    3)I've no boot image, only "F2 for help" and "boot:" on a clear blue screen

    Any suggestions ???
    Get a newer 3.2 iso. I believe these problems have been reported and fixed.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    With regard to the processor problem you can try "knoppix nosmp".

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    17
    1) cheatcode "knoppix nosmp" work well but what exactly do this command ??? I can't find it in the list of boot options !

    2) Not used last 3.2 version so much to say that it's solved

    3) Still remains...

    Well, I found here:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1512
    and here:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1373
    that error 1) and 3) are not exactly uncommon...
    With one new version every two days why don't Knoppix team look for a solution ???

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    17
    ... and yes ! After two hours computer freezes !!!

Similar Threads

  1. Are these bugs or what?
    By kn2user in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 04:48 PM
  2. Bugs - How do I sign in and report bugs?
    By pelican in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 07:02 PM
  3. Bugs in 3.4
    By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 01:15 AM
  4. HDD install BUGS
    By markschmid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2004, 12:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Atari 400/800 - Ms PacMan Galaxian BASIC Atari Writer Carts + Joystick  picture

Vintage Atari 400/800 - Ms PacMan Galaxian BASIC Atari Writer Carts + Joystick

$38.88



Atari SX212 Modem for IBM-Compatible Systems w/ Power Adapter & Manuals NOS picture

Atari SX212 Modem for IBM-Compatible Systems w/ Power Adapter & Manuals NOS

$125.00



Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly

$18.95



Atari 800 Home Computer 48K RAM In Original Box w/ Styro RF Switch Extra Games picture

Atari 800 Home Computer 48K RAM In Original Box w/ Styro RF Switch Extra Games

$349.30



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS picture

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS

$16.95



Atari 1200XL Home Computer, Tested Boots & Plays Cart, OEM PSU, Box - Read picture

Atari 1200XL Home Computer, Tested Boots & Plays Cart, OEM PSU, Box - Read

$329.95



Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord  picture

Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord

$23.99



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29